tirsdag, december 02, 2008











Simon and I finally made the decision to have Shelby dedicated to the Lord and the church that we have been involved in for almost four years (Simon a couple of years longer.) My father inlaw professed a meaningful word over his granddaughter and attempted to offer her up to our loving Father and eager church by lifting Shelby up to the high heavens. The child took on the role of Mufasa instead of Simba and let out a powerful ROAR as she was recieved into the "Circle of Life."
Thank goodness my sister Brooke was here in Denmark to help me with the party after. I have concluded that I am not much for being a hostess, but am very willing to help prep. Inger, my mother inlaw, and Brooke did an amazing job on the american finger-food cuisine and the flowers that decorated our "church hall." After the reception the immediate family came up for some "hygge" or "hoogs" as Brooke and I like to call it (which means coziness, pronounced in danish hoo-ga). We had a great day. God has really blessed Simon and I with our church family and we are so lucky that Shelby can be apart of it! Click here to see more pictures of Shelby's dedication.

1 kommentar:

Nate Stratman sagde ...

I love your face in the pic of Shelby being held up!!!! What a wonderful day!
love-kim and ruthie