onsdag, januar 16, 2008

Simon and I are back on Danglish again. Fulfilling our Danish/English destiny. Transition from the states was again very easy even though saying goodbye was a little hard. Every time I come back to DK, however, I am in awe at how much Simon and I have made a life for ourselves here. Not only with friends and family, but with each other. As cheesy as this sounds, "Home is where the heart is," so I guess wherever my husband goes I find my greatest love. Whenever I come back to Denny, Simon knows I am extremely sensitive and finds ways to make me feel comfortable and secure again. This time to ease me back in he brought 4 things of peanut butter so it's safe to say that pbjs are in the bag for the time being. Sue will have to restock us again in the summer.

I don't think I ever officially announced on this blog, but those of you who don't know, I am knee deep reading informative books such as: The Breastfeeding Book, What to Expect When Your Expecting, Ida May's Guide to Childbirth, Baby Wise and about 12 baby websites a day. Everyone tells me that all the stuff I read I will probably forget when I actually experience it. (O, by the way, I'm pregnant,) but at least I will know when the baby is "latched on" properly, that hemorrhoids go away soon after delivery, and during labor one can actually experience ecstasy. Yeah, now that is a strong proclamation, but one that I am most seriously considering leaning towards:) Things are going well with junior and myself. We will find out what we are having February 8th, but as long as it can peel potatoes I don't care what we have. Simon says it has to be able to wash dishes. Fingers crossed.

That's it on the oceanfront for us.

At the moment I am completely engulfed with the story that maybe some of you have seen on Whitney Hine's blog. Trisha and Nate's story has captured my heart and the hearts of about 10 of my English students. We are all praying for them, believing God's nurturing hands will strengthen Trisha and her new baby in the days, months and years to come. I check their website quite regularly and I can honestly say I am compelled to pray for them all the time.

Well, I am off to the tub. I am usually filthy after working with kids all day. I cleaned the house as well, so I am especially bott.

Peace my midatlantic friends and for the rest of you that think I'm a decent person or pretend to care...
Courtney

4 kommentarer:

April and Chad sagde ...

sister, i hope you are seriously poking that thing out because if not, things have "changed" (if that is the appropriate word) since i have seen you last

jesse and whit... sagde ...

that was an awesome blog entry. loved the part about washing dishes and peeling potatoes. you're lookin' real good... miss you bott.

CFHusband sagde ...

Thank you!

marie sagde ...

Hey Little Momma!
I saw your mom a couple of weeks ago and she told me your news!
I am so excited for you!!!
Thanks for praying for Tricia, Nathan and Gwyneth Rose!
Take care of yourself and your bun in the oven!
Love,
Marie (your old secretary!) :)

p.s. it took me a couple minutes to figure out kommentar was "comments" heh. I know some Danish now!