lørdag, marts 17, 2007

Family Addition


This is the new addition to our family! We are struggling for a name for it right now though "Chancho" seems to be suitable. I am a very big fan of naming things (meaning not a person or a place) human names and naming humans thing names. Simon and I really like the name "Bopper" so maybe when we have our first human child they will sound something like this: Otis Bopper Chercka or Lucille Bopper Chercka.

So here is how the new addition came into our lives. Thankfully, I did not have labor pains. Instead, I had the pain of seeing this poor scooter in our shed for countless months rusting away. He belonged to a girl that lived here and when she decided to move to copenhagen she abandoned him. Out of great compassion, my husband took him under his wing and quickly gave him the nourishment he so desparately needed. Now he is up and running like a champion. Simon and I had supporters with us from the start and that is why we would like to thank especially Anders Riis for a big helping hand. He is by far the biggest scooter geek I have ever known. We are glad to be a friend of his. With his wisdom and my husbands patience and deligence the two of them built what is now our first son. Welcome to the family Chanch and may your days be abundant and fruitful! O, and Simon wanted me to be sure and tell all of you that he goes 45mph!

1 kommentar:

jesse and whit... sagde ...

i personally think the name crystal or rhoda is appropriate... however, chad may feel larry is a more suitable name for this beast of a machine. "hey, who's that hot guy"... just kidding, you look adorable, as always. miss you. don't forget to wear a helmet and wrist guards... carpul tunnel is quite common on those things, just ask nacho libre.