søndag, december 17, 2006

Glory

We are approaching December 25, the day that Christians celebrate Jesus’ birthday. A coupla thousand years ago God would send His one and only son to this earth to teach us, lead us and love us; Love us in such a way that He would allow Christ to die for us so that we would be cleansed and set free from our sins.

Ooooo yeah! That’s what Christmas means! I mean yeah, duh, but I have been way too busy to recognize the logistics behind what has made me busy in the first place (guilty giggle). The holiday season seems to have swept me off my feet this year… umm yeah, but it is more than that, unfortunately. I have been wrapped up in so much the past 3 months that there has been hardly time to stop, collaborate and listen. To top that off, I recognize this when? Now…when I am sick in bed with a cold…ouch! But I am not too late am I? Never too late!

Today, between a sneeze and my husbands “bless you” I had time to sit down and actually reflect on Christmas. Not how many presents I have bought, not whether or not my house might qualify for the Christmas edition of Isabellas (please choose me Issy!), but why we are even here in the first place. After meditating I sat at my computer rummaging through old pictures when I came upon a video Simon made in 2003. Now, it is all coming back to me. Now, “Merry Christmas” might actually mean something other than a passing greeting or informal farewell. As I watched this video I became aware of God’s gift to us and all His beauty and love, the little things that become big when neglected over a period of time. I have enclosed the video here (well not really, cause you can’t “enclose” on a blog, but it sounds sophisticated) for you all to see. God Bless you and Merry Christmas!

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given…
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Glory!
Isaiah 9;6

1 kommentar:

Anonym sagde ...

Courtney I love you Merry CHRISTmas
love dawn