søndag, november 19, 2006

Desperate Danes: Top 10 Activities Denmarks Finest do When it's Hace Frio Outside

#6 Holder Fest


Yesterday was the first real party that I held in Danish. That's right folks, I hosted a baby shower in an entire different language AND gave my first Danish speech (wasn't very long). The affair was for my good friend Melanie who is almost 7 months preggy. We had punch, played games, ate glorious food and unwrapped gifts.

This is not the norm in Denmark. Baby parties are mostly after the baby has been born. I thought to myself, "How in the world is a mother gonna have time to have a party much less get the things she needs after the baby is born?" Momma needs to be prepared! I brought my idea up to Rosie, Melanie's mother, and she loved it. I explained what goes on in the states and what I have learned from Rachel, Sarah and Corissa. The evening was very successful. Women won prizes, everyone was full, and Melanie recieved many, beautiful, baby things. I think I want to do this with every mom-to-be...in our church at least. Thank you, ladies for making this such an awesome party. I could not have done it with out your help!

And of course it was a good thing to do when it is hace frio outside.

2 kommentarer:

jesse and whit... sagde ...

i'm so glad you finally put some solid photos up of your house. i've been wondering what the heck it looked like. it's soooo cute!! i love it. is see all of the pillows you made and the awesome floors. it looks like the party was a blast. you are such a good hostess. wish you were going to be here for Christmas... but i wouldn't want you to be without simon! that would be stinky! love you lots, bott

Louie sagde ...

HEYYY:)) thanks, but I think it´s easier writing than talking.. Man it´s nice seeing you all and Teitur too!!! I miss him a lot!! What a nice apartment you guys got yourselves there:) When was it melanie was supposed to give birth?
I like these blogs, it´s a good way to see what is happening in peoples lives. How are your danish-lessons doing?