søndag, juli 24, 2005

For the past seven days we got over our “eventitis” and jet lag while relaxing in a quaint summer house on the west coast of Denmark. Nestled in a sand dune just a hill away from the ocean was the place we liked to call home…for a week. Though we loved the busyness of the states, Simon and I did the exact opposite in Løkken and relished every moment of it. The difference in the east (Køge) and the west was only that we are used to calmer winds on the east coast. The west coast was a little windier, however, relieving us of frequent outdoor activity. We were provided ample time to read, sleep, eat, watch Tour de France, cook dinner, listen to Mille, put puzzles together, take long walks on the beach (yes it’s really true), swim (only for the brave) and discover our next hobby, which looks likes kite boarding. (Simon has registered for classes here in Copenhagen already and we have only been back for A day.)

I think what I enjoyed most about this trip was getting a chance to spend quality time with Simon’s family. The evenings were the best when Mille would go to bed and we would quietly talk about the day or what we were reading, the Tour etc. Once we even shared red neck jokes. I was also happy to find that after I had been completely exposed to them (spending every waking hour together can do that, ya know) and they still appreciated me, too. It says a lot when you can tolerate deep throat noises in the mornings, open gas passing by night and hearing someone talk about bodily functions all day and not get grossed out. Thank you Chercka family for making me at home! Shoot, I can’t get away with that in my own house without Sue saying, “I beg your pardon.”

Now we are home and quite glad to find ourselves preparing for the year…O, what a year it will be! I am predicting wonderful things for our future. Why would God stop now?

Ingen kommentarer: